The best way to learn a collocation is in a phrase or a sentence. Let’s take this word: “way”. Take a look at the examples below to see the many meanings it can take.
- I must find a way to help him.
- Can you find your way back home?
- I learned the hard way that Jack can’t be trusted.
- Please tell me if I’m getting in your way.
- You must give way to traffic from the left.
- I’ve tried every possible way to get him to change his mind.
- Can you lend me some money? No way!
Now, try writing your own sentences:
Do you think this exercise will help you become more fluent? If so, let me know. Feel free to contact me if you need help with your English or book a trial lesson. See you around here!