Hello! Are you looking to pass an official English Exam? Prepare for that next crucial business meeting? Or just want to improve generally through interesting and engaging sessions? Well, why not book a session with me
My name is Joey and I've been teaching English as a foreign language for nearly 12 years. I have a master’s degree as well as the Cambridge CELTA qualification and I have taught English in the UK, South America and Spain. I have significant experience in many areas and can help you in many ways:
- Exam preparation: I am official Cambridge Speaking examiner, so I can prepare you for the First (FCE) & the Advanced (CAE) as well as other official English exams like KET, PET, IELTS & TOEFL.
- Business English: I have taught in many companies, both small and large, and I have helped business professionals improve their English language skills in areas such as contributing in business meetings, writing emails and giving effective presentations.
- Academic English: I have taught at several universities and have helped international students develop the necessary academic skills to get the most out of their university degrees.
- General English: I have taught students of all levels, from beginner (A1) right up to proficiency (C2), both in groups and one-to-one classes and I tailor the classes to the students’ needs.
Online classes with me include:
- Personalised classes designed to meet your needs & objectives
- Regular feedback on your progress
- Error Correction so you know exactly what you have to do to improve
- Communicative classes with a focus on YOU the student
- Interesting & engaging topics
- Grammar: explained in a clear & concise way
- Materials: class materials for you to keep
Free 30 min trail lesson
- Book a free 30 min trial lesson where I conduct an in-depth needs analysis & draw up a personalised study plan just for you. It will also give you the chance to get to know me and the Verbling platform.
Masters programme that examines contemporary and established analytical and conceptual frameworks relating to poverty, conflict analysis and the post-conflict reconstruction and disaster-affected societies.
Team Leader & Senior English Teacher
Learnlight - Barcelona, Spain
to teach in-company classes as well as a range of specialised courses and EAP courses at universities in Barcelona. To deliver CPD workshops to fellow teachers and help them develop. To conduct teacher observations and provide feedback.
2018 - 2019
Mill Hill International School - London, UK
Taught English at summer camp in London. Delivered fun and engaging classes to international students who were preparing to enter the British school system.
2013 - 2016
Merit School - Barcelona
to general English courses (beginner - advanced) and Cambridge exam preparation courses.
2010 - 2013
A2Z School of English - Manchester, UK
Taught English to a range of international students with varying needs. Taught exam prep courses like FCE and IELTS as well business focused courses. Organised social events for the language academy.
2007 - 2009
The English Academy - Madrid, Spain
Taught fun and dynamic English classes to adults & kids. Used a range of resources and materials
2008 - 2009
Wall Street Institute - Madrid, Spain
Taught general and in-comapny English classes. Used in-house methodology and platform to deliver engaging and dynamic English classes.