I have been teaching English for the past four years. I am ESL certified and have taught English both as a second and native language. I have taught in private language centers, international schools and private classes. I have taught English in Indonesia, Australia, USA and Uganda. I have experience working with students from four years old to forty years old, from beginner to advanced levels. I love teaching, because I love bringing knowledge into people's lives. I love teaching English, because it's one of the most widely spoken languages today and it is an asset to have in the global workforce. Each student has their own style of learning, and as a teacher, I am in tune with my students' learning styles. I try to teach according to how my students learn. I love to make lessons fun, interactive and exciting. I display a warm and welcoming demeanor and I never give up on my students. No matter how much they struggle, I will find a way for them to understand and learn each concept fully.
Galaxy International School Uganda - Kampala, Uganda
• English as a Second Language Teacher. Planned unique lessons geared towards students learning English as a second language. Guided students in vocabulary, grammar structure, tenses, written, verbal, pronunciation and listening skills. • Year Five classroom teacher. Manage class. Design and execute classroom displays. Draft e-mails, memos and notifications directed from administrators and sent to parents, updating about school events, policies and activities. Generate end of term report card templates for entire class of students. • English as a Native Language teacher for Years Five and Two. Plan creative, informative and interactive lessons, utilizing E-Board and providing hands-on material of the English language (grammar/punctuation, vocabulary, written, verbal and reading comprehension) for students to attain applicable English language knowledge. Assign and edit creative writing projects and essays, while guiding students through the writing process. • Science and Humanities teacher for Year Three and Five. Plan lessons about the physical and geographical world. Educate students about the world around them, including physics, biology, organ systems, material/properties, world cultures/customs, geography and historical events. Utilize E-board for fun, informative and interactive lessons. Conduct experiments and incorporate hands-on-learning for most effective learning. • Works closely with a team of staff to produce internationally minded lessons geared towards the Cambridge, IPC and Character Education Curriculums. Prepare students for end-of-year Cambridge exams.
2015 - 2015
Private English Language Tutor
Self Employed - Melbourne, Australia
• Tutored non-native English students in ESL. Met students’ needs and abilities based on their individual level and learning style to help better their understanding, pronunciation, vocabulary, written, grammatical and verbal abilities of the English language. • Planned lessons geared towards specific needs of individual students at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Lessons were based on students’ work/study and everyday life requirements and knowledge of English language.
2015 - 2015
Lead Teacher; Literacy
Trilok School - Brooklyn, New York, USA
• Developed curriculum for Literacy and Social Studies for Pre-K students. Prepare lessons for classes focusing on story telling and narration to help young students develop an understanding of the world around them. • Worked closely with young students on all aspects of vital developmental stages including working on fine motor skills, instituting classroom structure/routine basic reading and writing skills as well as behavioral management. • Engaged with staff members and parents drafting daily e-mails, communicating about daily activities, schedules, meetings, lesson plans and classroom events. In charge of keeping classroom neat and well organized at all times.
2013 - 2014
Science/Environmental Management Teacher
Asian International School Bali - Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia
• Taught Environmental Management to grades 9–12 of high school; subject matter included all aspects of current environmental conditions, including concerns such as climate change, wildlife, and municipal solid waste. • Instructed tenth grade students approved curriculum for the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE); prepared all tenth grade students for the Environmental Management IGCSE exams. • Introduced MLA style/format of essay writing; guided students’ through essay research process; marked and edited students’ essays focusing on grammar, tone/style, persuasion and use of language. • Additionally, taught science to first and third grade; introduced students to the physical world of science, including basic physics, matter, and biology with primary objective of promoting a better understanding of the natural world. • Presented alternative assignments for beginner ESL students; offered one-on-one mentoring to ensure academic success.
2012 - 2013
English as a Second Language Teacher
English First - Malang, Indonesia
• Taught all ages and levels (beginner, intermediate, and advanced) of English language comprehension, starting at four years of age and ranging to university students and full-time working adults. • Drafted end of course certificates based on company templates, including markings, comments and progress made. • Prepared multiple daily lesson plans for series of 80-minute classes focusing on written, verbal, oral, pronunciation, phonics and reading comprehension skills. • Independently researched teaching methods and techniques; gained strong insight on classroom management.