1. Be into - be actively interested in sth.
example: Are you into English?
2. Take up - start doing a new activity
example: Chris has taken up jogging.
3. Go over - check something carefully
example: Go over your work before you hand it in.
4. Read up on - s tudy sth. by reading a lot about it
example: I need to read up on my British history.
5. Hand in / turn in - give your finished work to a teacher
exmple: I handed my homework in late as usual.
6. Hand out - give things to the members of a group
example: Could you hand these books out, please?
7. Copy out - write sth. again exactly as it was written
example: We need to copy out sentences from a book.
8. Drop out - leaving school without finishing your studies
example: She started a degree but dropped out only after a year.
9. Fall behind - make less progress than other people
example: My daughter is falling behind her classmates.