Accelerated method in line with vocabulary improvement
1. Read - As much as possible in English. Anything from literary works to leaflets, technical books, online sources and material, the focus is to ensure you are reading as much as possible with the goal of familiarizing yourself with words
2. Use a Dictionary and/or Thesaurus - It is vital as one would use this to reference new vocabulary, meanings and various uses
3. Do extensive reading but also intensive reading: pay attention to words and their associated context
4. Keep a notebook or journal for new words or expression. Write down these words, their meaning and uses every day. You can write them down in your notebook.
5. Learn one word a day. Try one of the websites that send you one word with its meaning and uses every day. You can write them down in your notebook.
6. Try to use the new words you have learnt in a suitable context. Before you forget them or forget how to use them, practice saying them or writing them down.
7. Draw diagrams or write words in groups that let you learn better. Dont write similar words as you might mix them up
8. Dont learn words separately. Learn chunks of words that are used together, just as you hear or read them.
9. Revise your vocabulary notes regularly, trying to pay attention to those wors you might have forgotten otherwise.
10. Keep in mind that vocabulary learning is a lifelong goal